Update: The York County School Division announced there will be a two-hour delay Tuesday morning.
Tuesday will be an A day for high schools and middle schools.
Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools will be closed the entire day Tuesday.
Twelve-month employees should arrive two hours late.
Walsingham Academy will also be closed Tuesday.
Update: As of 5:15 p.m. Monday, there were 2,250 without power in James City County, 262 in the City of Williamsburg and 755 in York County, according to PowerOutage.us.
Update: As of 12:45 p.m. on Monday there were 5,863 without power in James City County, 741 in the City of Williamsburg and 1,144 in York County, according to PowerOutage.us.
Dominion Energy crews worked round-the-clock to restore power in the Historic Triangle, and they are making progress.
As of 7:30 a.m. Monday, there were more than 5,863 without power in James City County, 594 in Williamsburg and 976 in York County.
At the height of the winter storm Sunday evening, there were more than 17,000 customers without power in James City County, 1,908 in Williamsburg and 2,390 in York County, according to the Dominion Energy outage map.
Dominion customers can report and check outages by calling 866-366-4357.
There’s a chance of rain, snow and sleet before 10 a.m. Monday, according to the National Weather Service.
The forecast high Monday is 40 degrees (mostly cloudy), with overnight lows around 25 degrees.
Closures, delays and cancellations
- Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools – CLOSED Tuesday
- York County School Division – TWO-HOUR DELAY Tuesday
- Walsingham Academy – CLOSED Tuesday
- William & Mary – Campus will open at noon Monday. 9 a.m. exams will be rescheduled.
- William & Mary’s Swem Library – CLOSED at 10 Sunday, will reopen 10 a.m. Monday.
- James City County offices, convenience centers, recreation center – Open at 10 a.m. Monday
- James City County’s Toano Convenience Center – CLOSED as of 1:15 p.m. Monday due to power outage
- James City County library – Open at 11 a.m. Monday
- Williamsburg-James City County courthouse (sheriff’s office, commonwealth’s attorney’s office) – TWO-HOUR DELAY Monday
- James City County curbside recycling- CANCELED Monday, all collections for the week delayed one day.
- James City County Adult Services Holiday Breakfast for Seniors- CANCELED Monday, no decision made on rescheduling.
- Chesapeake Bank and Chesapeake Wealth Management – TWO-HOUR DELAY
- Colonial Williamsburg’s Historic Area, Art Museums, retail stores, Visitor Center and office buildings will delay opening until noon
- Garbage collection in Williamsburg will run as scheduled Monday, but there may be delays. Contact Public Works at 220-6140 with any questions or concerns – City offices open at 10:00 a.m. this morning.
- Williamsburg National Golf Club and The 1607 Grill – CLOSED Monday, pro shop reopens 8 a.m. Tuesday and The 1607 Grill reopens 11 a.m. Tuesday
RELATED STORY: More than 21,000 without power in the Historic Triangle