NORFOLK — Motorists should be aware of the following scheduled traffic impacts for work on the I-64/I-264 Interchange Improvements projects:
- Nighttime work continues on I-64 west ramp to I-264 east (Exit 284B) Friday night through the weekend, with full ramp closures overnight Nov. 30, Dec.1 and Dec. 2. Detour signs will direct traffic to take the next exit (Exit 284A) and continue to ride the interchange cloverleaf ramps until they exit to I-264 east from I-64 east. The work and ramp detour are scheduled to be in place during the following times:
- 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30 to 9 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 1
- 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1 to 9 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 2
- 8 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2 to 3 a.m. Monday, Dec. 3
- Intermittent traffic stoppages on I-264 east ramp (exit 15A) to Newtown Road lasting no longer than 15 minutes on Dec. 4-8 between 12:01 a.m. and 4 a.m.
- The City of Virginia Beach will close Greenwich Road at Witchduck Road Saturday, Dec. 1 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For more information, click HERE
- Nightly closures on Newtown Road south under I-264 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. through mid-December. Signed detours are in place.
- Center Drive: The left turn onto Center Drive from Newtown Road north is closed for utility relocation work at Newtown Road. Motorists are also restricted from turning left out of Center Drive onto Newtown Road north. Signed detours are in place for both movements.
- Motorists should expect night-time single- and double-lane closures on the interstates when traveling through the project area.
More project information at i64i264improvements.org