Twelve prominent members of the Greater Williamsburg business community will slip into their dancing shoes to raise money for charitable causes.
Dancers will include a local wine maker, a pediatrician, educators and chefs from throughout the community. They will each be partnered with professional dancers from the Virginia Regional Ballet, William & Mary, Country Bootleggers, Institute for Dance and more.
The teams will practice and train for the next five months. On March 2, 2019, they will compete in front of a panel of judges and a live audience in a new venue, the CrossWalk Church in Norge.
The program had previously been held in Phi Beta Kappa Hall on William & Mary’s campus, which is currently undergoing renovation.
“The new venue allows us to do even more with the production,” said Joe Hertzler, event chairman. “Stars, pro and volunteers are taking a fresh stab at the show. Including alumni routines with some of the favorite faces from the past. To which, I’m continuously impressed by the tireless dedication of the volunteers, professional dancers and stars that come together to make this event one of the highlights of the year.”
The program benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Virginia Peninsula, which provides caring mentors for children between kindergarten and 8th grade, and Literacy for Life, which provides adults with literacy skills they need to achieve self-sufficiency.
Dancing with the Williamsburg Stars has raised more than $800,000 for local charities over the course of the last nine years — 104 dancers have competed in the show in past years.
Tickets will go on sale in January and can be purchased at the event’s website.
Here is the Dancing with the Williamsburg Stars 2019 roster:
- Henry Broaddus, William & Mary
- John Daly, William & Mary Athletics (ret)
- Amanda Deverich, LMFT, Williamsburg Counseling
- John Gonzales, A Chef’s Kitchen
- Stacy Sparkman Hall, DDS, Williamsburg Center for Dental Health
- Jacquelyn Liebler, Revolution Golf
- Matthew Meyer, Williamsburg Winery
- Lydia Scrofani, Williamsburg Sharks Soccer Club
- Detric Smith, Results Performance Training
- Taylor Taus, Moe’s Restaurant
- Dan Via, MD, Sentara
- Libbey York, Club Pilates