Drivers in Hampton Roads can expect closures on water crossings, interstates and notable detours for the week of Nov. 11 to Nov. 17.
This list covers full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Berkley, High Rise and James River bridges.
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia, download the 511 smartphone app, dial 511 or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680AM.
- Single-lane closures west Nov. 15, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Single-lane closures east/west Nov. 11, 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Single-lane closures west Nov. 11-12, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures north Nov. 12-15, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Single-lane closures south Nov. 12-16, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Single-lane closures north/south Nov. 13-16, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. .
- Full tunnel closure I-264 east Nov. 18, 8 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Full ramp closures on I-64 with signed detours in place, on Nov. 11-15, as follows:
- I-64 east and west to Route 60/Busch Gardens (exit 243A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 143 (exit 243B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 60 on-ramp to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 west (exit 242A), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 east (exit 242B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 199 east and west on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east and west to Yorktown Road/Jefferson Avenue (exit 247), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Jefferson Avenue (Route 143) on-ramps to I-64 east and west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Yorktown Road (Route 238) on-ramp to I-64 east, as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Starting overnight on Nov. 11-15, westbound traffic shifts will continue on I-64 between the Queens Creek bridges (mile marker 239) and the western limits of the Segment III Project, approximately 1 mile west of Route 199/Lightfoot (exit 234), weather permitting. Traffic will be shifted to the outside lane and shoulder to allow for clearing in the median and construction of the new travel lane.
- A consecutive, long-term full ramp closure on Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west will begin at 7 p.m. on Nov. 14. Traffic will follow detour signage in place directing motorists to the Route 143 south on-ramp to I-64 west during the closure.
- Single-lane closure west/east at the HRBT and Willoughby bridges;
- Nov. 11-15, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Nov. 16, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Nov. 17, 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Nov. 12, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Nov. 13-16, 10 a.m. to noon
- Nov. 13-16, 8 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Nov. 17, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- I-264 east ramp (exit 15A) to Newtown Road will be closed for up to 15 minutes on Nov. 13-17 between 12:01 a.m. and 4 a.m.
- Newtown Road south is closed under I-264 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. weeknights through mid-November. Signed detours are in place.
- Full weekend closures of Newtown Road south at the I-264 overpass 7 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 9-12 and Nov. 16-19.
- The left turn onto Center Drive from Newtown Road north closed until mid-November for utility relocation work at Newtown Road. Motorists will also be restricted from turning left out of Center Drive onto Newtown Road north. Signed detours will be in place for both movements.
- Single-lane closure north/south Nov. 15, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. *only if work at the HRBT.
- I-564 east/west at the Runway Tunnel, two 20-minute stoppages Nov.12-16 between 11 p.m. and 3 a.m. each night.
- I-564 east at the Runway Tunnel dual-lane closure Nov. 12-16, 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- I-564 east from the Runway Tunnel to I-64 dual-lane closures Nov. 12-16, 7 p.m. to midnight.
- I-564 west from I-64 to Terminal Blvd. single-lane closure Nov. 12-17, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- I-564 west at the Runway Tunnel dual-lane closures Nov. 12-16, 7 p.m. to 4:30 a.m.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown tunnels): Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58).