If you’re looking for things to do in November, here are a few events at the Convention Center.
The good thing: Many of them are free:
- Nov. 8: Tourism is big business for Virginia Beach. Among benefits such as enhanced quality of life and general fund subsidies for schools, roads and public safety, residents also benefit from the taxes visitation generates. Find out more about the value of tourism by attending the 2018 State of Tourism Luncheon featuring Convention & Visitors Bureau Director Brad Van Dommelen and special guest John W. Martin from SIR, a strategic management research firm. Tickets are on sale through close of business on Wednesday, Oct. 31. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. and the program begins at noon. Register here.
- Nov. 8: Immediately following the State of Tourism event is the 20th annual Minority Business Council Conference and Expo. Minority-owned and woman-owned small businesses are invited to attend this event which is themed “Forging Sustainable Diversity in the Marketplace” with guest speaker DuaneThompson, Founder and CEO of Sabrosa Foods, Inc. Introduce your business to procurement professionals at the local, state and federal levels and meet City of Virginia Beach delegated department buyers. This is a free event. Pre-registration is preferred as seating is limited. Reserve your seat today.
- Nov. 10: India Fest is one of the premier cultural events in the Coastal Virginia region. This free event is open to all and draws a large audience from all over Virginia. Vendors from across the country provide a chance for the Hampton Roads community to experience the culture and heritage of India. Enjoy dancing, fashion and more at this exciting cultural extravaganza. Food will be available for purchase.
- Nov. 11: The 2018 Virginia Bridal & Wedding Expo is a unique, interactive event with food to taste, dresses to see, flowers to enjoy, music to dance to and fun to be had. Bring your friends and family and enjoy a day filled with laughter, ideas, inspiration and the chance to win $10,000 toward your dream wedding. Doors open at noon. All-day admission is $10. Click here to find out how you can attend for free.
- Nov. 17 – 18: The 4th Annual Coastal Virginia Auto Show will feature celebrity appearances, displays and demonstrations, live entertainment, giveaways, prizes, a children’s area and much more. This show is the largest car show of its kind in the Mid-Atlantic region with all makes, models, clubs and cultures gathered under one roof to celebrate a shared passion, the love of these machines. Imports, classics, customs, antique, trucks, motorcycles, after-market, and even bicycles will be on display at this indoor show. This family-friendly event has something for everyone! This is a ticketed event. Get your tickets in advance here.
- Nov. 23 – 25: A holiday tradition for many locals and visitors, the Virginia Beach Christmas Market features over 250 fine artisans and crafters from more than 25 states. Now in its 37th year, this show was once again (since 1996) voted into the “100 Best Classic and Contemporary Craft Shows in the United States” by Sunshine Artist Magazine, America’s premier show and festival guide. Featured artisans will offer fine arts, pottery, jewelry, stained glass, wood, toys, photography, fiber arts, thousands of Christmas collectibles and much, much more. Whether you’re searching for unique one-of-kind Christmas gifts, personalized stocking stuffers or a stunning floral centerpiece for the holidays, you’ll find it all at this amazing show.
Pictures with Santa will be offered daily from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Receive $1 off admission by bringing a canned food donation for the Food Bank of Southeastern Virginia.
Admission is free with a blood donation to the Red Cross, whose representatives will be taking donations during the three-day show. Limited, on-site free parking will be available with shuttle bus service for off-site parking.