Most major roadways in the Southside are clear, with a few exceptions in the Pungo area of Virginia Beach.
Here are the details on road closures in the area:
The following roads in Virginia Beach are closed, blocked, or partially blocked because of high water or downed trees:
- North Muddy Creek Road from Charity Neck to Gum Bridge
- Pleasant Ridge from Charity Neck to Muddy Creek
- Pungo Ferry Road from Princess Anne to Blackwater
- Mill Landing from Stone Road to the end of Mill Landing
- Indian River Road from West Neck to Princess Anne
- The 800 block of Sandbridge Road had a downed tree from the storm and was closed early Friday. As of 8:30 a.m., it has re-opened to one lane only, with police officers controlling traffic direction
Related story: Here’s what’s closed and opening late Friday
All wind-restrictions for the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel have been lifted.
The City of Norfolk detailed the impact of the storm through a tweet Friday at 9:30 a.m.:
- Major roadways in Norfolk are open and clear of debris or flood hazards, but many intersections are without lights or power, according to a tweet from the City of Norfolk.
- Norfolk has 28,547 reported power outages
- The city’s highest recorded wind gust was 55 mph
- Norfolk received 0.43 inches of rain, 166 fire and rescue calls, and 305 calls to police