VIRGINIA BEACH — South wind tides have caused flooding in the southern area some roadways may be closed/impassable.
City officials urge motorists to “drive with extreme caution, especially after dark.”
As of 8 a.m., new roads added to list:
- Mount Pleasant Road south of the North Landing Bridge is closed
- North Landing Road south of Indian River Road is being blocked to deter motorist from traveling south on Mount Pleasant Road
- 6000 Block of Blackwater Road
- 2300 Pungo Ferry Road
- Indian River Road to West Neck Road
- Muddy Creek to Pleasant Ridge Road
The following roads remain closed:
- Sandbridge from New Bridge to Sandpiper (high tide); use base access
- 1800 block of Horn Point Road
- 1200 block of Bayshore
- Indian River Road from Speed Fentress Bridge to Princess Anne Road
- Pleasant Ridge Road from Charity Neck Road to Muddy Creek Road
- Muddy Creek Road from Charity Neck Road to Nanneys Creek Road
- Nanneys Creek Road from Charity Neck Road to Mill Landing Road
- New Bridge Road from Ashville Bridge Creek Educational Center Access to Sandbridge Road
- Pungo Ferry Road from Princess Anne Rd to Blackwater Road
- West Neck Road from West Landing to Princess Anne Road
The city if working with WAZE (available for Android and iPhone) to document and report road conditions.
Residents can report flooding or other hazardous road conditions directly on the app or by dialing 311.
The southern area of the city also may experience delays in their waste collection services.
Waste Management will monitor road conditions and adjust routes accordingly to ensure the safety of our drivers and the public. Should routes not be completed on their scheduled day, they will resume the following day or when roads can be traveled safely.
Check the city’s Waste Management website and social media pages for road closures and updates on collections.
For questions, residents can call 757-385-4650, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, or visit www.vbgov.com/wastemgt.