TRICARE has established emergency procedures in Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina concerning emergency prescription refills.
Through Sept. 20, TRICARE recipients can place an emergency refill at any TRICARE retail network pharmacy.
To find a network pharmacy:
- Call Express Scripts at 1-877-363-1303
- Search the network pharmacy locator
If possible, visit the pharmacy where the prescription was filled.
- If you use a retail chain, you can fill your prescription at another store in that chain.
- If your provider is available, he or she may call in a new prescription to any network pharmacy.
- You can request assistance at another pharmacy, but it’s at that pharmacy’s discretion to help you.
If you are evacuated, you may not have to get a referral from your primary care manager to see a TRICARE authorized provider. This is also known as a blanket referral waiver.
This includes the following counties:
|North Carolina||New Hanover, Bertie, Brunswick, Columbus, Pender, Carteret, Hyde, Pamlico, Dare, Beaufort, Onslow, Camden, Gates, Perquimans, Hertford and Currituck|
|South Carolina||Hampton, Jasper, Beaufort, Colleton, Dorchester, Charleston, Berkeley, Georgetown and Horry|
|Virginia||Counties: Surry, Isle of Wight, York, North Hampton, Accomack, James City, Gloucester, Mathews, Middlesex, Northumberland
Cities: Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Poquoson, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach
Authorized provider through Sept. 21
To learn more visit the TRICARE website.