Another week means more work on Interstate 64.
The Virginia Department of Transportation will close various routes Feb. 25 to March 1 as a result of the I-64 widening project. The affected areas will be between Route 199 (exit 242) and Yorktown Road (exit 247).
All construction work is weather-dependent. Signs will alert motorists to ramp closures and detours.
- I-64 west off-ramp to Route 143 (exit 243B), as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 199 east on-ramp to I-64 west, as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 east on- and off-ramps to Route 199 west (exit 242A), as early as 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures, as well as intermittent stops up to 20 minutes, on I-64 east and west from Colonial Parkway to Lee Hall (exit 247), starting as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m.
- Lane closures under flagger control on Yorktown Road and Penniman Road at the I-64 overpasses, from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Single lane closures on I-64 east and west from the James City-York County Line (mile marker 233) to Route 199 west (exit 242A), starting as early as 7 p.m. until 5 a.m. for soil boring operations.
Traffic will be detoured as follows:
Route 199 east on-ramp to I-64 west closure:
- Follow signs on Route 199 east to traffic signal
- Make a U-turn at signal to access Route 199 west
- Follow Route 199 west to I-64 west on-ramp
Route 199 west on-ramp to I-64 east closure:
- Follow signs on Route 199 west to Route 60 ramp
- From Route 60 take the Route 199 east ramp
- Follow signs to the I-64 east on-ramp
I-64 east to Route 199 west (exit 242A) closure:
- Take Exit 243B to Route 143 west
- Follow signs on Route 143 west to ramp for Route 199 west
I-64 west off-ramp to Route 143 (exit 243B) closure:
- Take Exit 242A to Humelsine Parkway (VA-199 west)
- Keep right and follow signs for VA-143 detour
- Exit right at the Williamsburg VA-143 exit