The Dewey Decibel Concert Series is back for its 2018 season.
The season’s lineup offers more than a dozen classical, bluegrass, Americana, big band and jazz concerts, according to a news release from the Williamsburg Regional Library.
The Friends of Williamsburg Regional Library Foundation has pledged support for the concert series. As a result, all ticketed shows will cost just $5 for general admission and $4 for members of the foundation.
Many of the concerts will also be free and won’t require a ticket.
All shows begin at 7:30 p.m. and will be held at the Williamsburg Library Theatre unless otherwise noted.
A list of ticketed concerts is as follows:
- Feb. 10: Jimmy Masters will perform the songs of writer and composer Henry Mancini, including “Two for the Road” and “Moon River.”
- Feb. 19: The Seraph Brass Ensemble will be presented in partnership with the Ewell Concert Series. The concert is free with a William & Mary identification card.
- Feb. 23: “Untamed Sense of Control: A Celebration of String Band Music,” a joint performance featuring the Cary Street Ramblers and Runaway String Band.
- March 3: Barbara Martin, Kim Person and Lana Turner will perform a program titled “Women in American Music.”
- March 10: The Jae Sinnett Trio with special guest, Grammy-nominated jazz vocalist Denise Donatelli.
- March 24: The New West Guitar Group will feature six different acoustic and electric guitars.
- April 14: Guitarist Stephen Bennett.
- May 4: Murial Anderson, a fingerstyle guitarist and harp-guitarist.
- May 18: Steve Smith with Tim May will provide an evening of original, traditional, and swing music on mandolin and guitar.
Free shows include the following:
- Feb. 15: Virginia Symphony Orchestra’s “For the Love of Music” Wind Quintet.
- March 10: Virginia Opera’s retelling of the children’s story “Billy Goats Gruff,” at 11 a.m.
- April 4: Virginia Opera, with Broadway arias and duets.
- April 19: Ford’s Colony Dance Band’s “Swinging into Spring.”
- May 23: Virginia Symphony Orchestra’s “Celebrations” Brass Ensemble.
For ticketing information and more visit the WRL website or call 757-259-4070.