What do Anchorage, Laguna Beach, and Williamsburg have in common?
Answer: They have all been named top destinations to travel to in 2018 by Expedia, an international travel company.
Williamsburg has taken the top spot for the month of July 2018, beating out other destinations such as Corpus Christi, Texas, Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, and Kapolei, Hawaii.
Williamsburg’s various attractions such as Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Water Country USA and the Great Wolf Lodge make the historic area a prime location for a July vacation, according to Expedia travel writer Chloe Mulliner.
“Yes, we know Virginia can get toasty during the summer months, but that just means Williamsburg is all the better at keeping you cool,” Mulliner wrote in the Expedia article.
To top it off, Expedia suggests cooling down with a “stuffed” snow cone at Sno-to-Go, located at 2229 Richmond Rd.
Here is a full list of 2018’s top destinations from Expedia:
- January: Anchorage, Alaska
- February: Saranac Lake, New York
- March: Macon, Georgia
- April: Columbia, South Carolina
- May: Laguna Beach, California
- June: Lyons, Colorado
- July: Williamsburg, Virginia
- August: Long Beach, Washington
- September: Cocoa Beach, Florida
- October: Charlevoix, Michigan
- November: Plymouth, Massachusetts
- December: Natchitoches, Louisiana
According to Pacific Communications Specialist Jodie Booras, Expedia’s picks for top destinations are not sponsored.