If you have the winter blues, you can lighten up your days with York County’s Cabin Fever Concert Series.
Spanning six weeks, the Yorktown Riverwalk Landing will come alive with music played by local artists every Thursday, according to a York County news release.
The concert series starts Jan. 25 and will be in the Freight Shed – so don’t worry about facing the elements outside while listening to the music.
“This unique waterfront venue offers spectacular views of the York River and provides an intimate setting for audience members to interact with the artists on stage,” the release said.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and each concert starts at 7 p.m. Seating is limited, so guests should arrive early to get their seats.
Here’s this year’s lineup:
- Jan. 25: HM Johnson Band. The band covers songs dating back to the 1950s, with styles such as R&B, funk, pop, swing, and soul.
- Feb. 1: Flatland Bluegrass Band. This band will perform its tight harmonies and high-energy instrumentals. The genre is traditional and contemporary bluegrass mixed with some bluegrass Gospel Music.
- Feb. 8: Ron Fetner Trio. A local musician, Fetner combines funky southern blues, acoustic blues, and a dash of folk.
- Feb. 15: Kim Person and Lana Puckett. These two singer-songwriters perform original songs that blend intricate guitar work with heartfelt vocals and precision harmonies. The duo plays Americana, country, and contemporary acoustic folk.
- Feb. 22: Little Bit of Swing. This group of local musicians from Glen Boswick’s Sounds of Swing Orchestra will sing songs from the 1930s through the 1960s, including a variety of hits.
- March 1: Jennifer Gammill Jazz Band. Gammill will share her sweet and sultry take on jazz standard.
For more information, visit the York County Cabin Fever series website.