Some things keep getting better with age.
Colonial Williamsburg has been named the best attraction in the Commonwealth of Virginia by USA Today’s 10Best.
The organization beat out 19 other attractions in Virginia in a readers’ choice award contest to take the crown, according to the 10Best website.
‘Our sincerest thanks to you, our faithful followers, who voted and helped us take the prize,” states a post on the foundation’s facebook page. “Many of you have been loyal visitors for years—even decades—and we love hearing your insights.”
Twenty attractions were whittled down to 10 remaining finalists. Colonial Williamsburg won the “Readers’ Choice 2018” popular vote of the contest.
The top ten list of best attractions in Virginia:
- Colonial Williamsburg – Williamsburg
- Virginia Creeper Trail – Abingdon
- Thomas Jefferson’s Poplar Forest
- Natural Bridge State Park – Natural Bridge
- Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge – Chincoteague Island
- Grayson Highlands State Park – Mouth of Wilson
- Appomattox Court House National Historical Park – Appomattox
- Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello – Charlottesville
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon – Mount Vernon
- Arlington National Cemetery – Arlington