With dozens of headlines every day, it’s easy to miss some here and there.
Keep the conversation going: Here are five stories from this week that got people talking:
- A 10-month-old Australian Shepherd was critically injured while in the care of Coastal Dog Services in Newport News Saturday, Aug. 26. We also reported thousands of dollars were raised for Fenway’s care, and broke the news that the same dog kennel had been charged in connection with another dog’s death. Unfortunately, Fenway lost his battle and passed away Friday night.
- Kayla Branch and Christopher Trueblood were in the pediatric ward with their child when a nurse allegedly saw them with drug paraphernalia, according to police. The nurse alerted hospital security and police and the pair were arrested.
- Police believe alcohol may have been a factor in the crash, which killed a 30-year-old West Point man and a 17-year-old Shacklefords girl, and left another 21-year-old seriously injured in the 10000 block of Old Stage Road around 1:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 26.
- House of Maya closed its doors with no notice last week, and many brides were left scrambling as their wedding day approaches.
- WYDaily broke the news that the Shops at High Street is under new management, and the new owners plan to bring in additional tenants and host several community events throughout the year.