Monday, October 3, 2022

Candle ignites JCC house fire in Berkeley Green subdivision

James City County Fire Department responding to house fire on Mallard Creek Run

James City County firefighters responded Wednesday to an early morning house fire ignited by a candle in the Berkeley’s Green subdivision, an official said.

Crews arrived at to Mallard Creek Run in the subdivision at 6:06 a.m. and the fire was brought under control.  No was injured, according James City County Fire Battalion Chief Alton Catlett.

Fire marshals determined the fire to be accidental in nature, started by an unattended candle.

The home sustained smoke and fire damage.

 

 

Related Articles

MORE FROM AUTHOR