Sunday, July 3, 2022

Exhaust fan causes Norfolk house fire on Monday

NORFOLK — Nobody was injured when an exhaust fan caused a fire in a Norfolk home on Monday morning.

Firefighters were dispatched to a fire in a one-story home on the 100 block of Abilene Avenue around 8:15 a.m. When they arrived, they found smoke throughout the house and a small fire inside a bathroom, according to a Norfolk Fire-Rescue news release.

Firefighters extinguished the fire within 10 minutes. An investigation ruled the fire as accidental, citing the exhaust fan inside the hallway bathroom as the cause.

A man and woman who live in the home were not injured and evacuated the house before firefighters arrived. They were not displaced from the home as a result of the fire.

Related Articles

MORE FROM AUTHOR