The Virginia Beach Hotel Association is prioritizing its efforts to increase room nights and sales this year. The association hopes to increase revenue in the following ways:
- Supporting the Virginia Beach Arena project.
- Partnering with the city and the Virginia Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) to pursue sports venues throughout the city.
- Working with tourism and hotel stakeholders and the CVB to increase marketing efforts and funding for promoting the city as a destination.
- Maintaining close partnerships with local and state legislators to educate and communicate current hospitality industry topics including reducing traffic congestion in the city.
- Supporting the city’s investment in beach events, mostly free entertainment events hosted by Beach Street USA.
- Forming a city task force dedicated to reviewing employee transportation, parking and safety at the Oceanfront.
- Fostering new employees and retaining currents workers in the hotel industry.
- Supporting sustainability and social responsibility campaigns in the community.
- Educating association members about current hospitality issues and best practices for networking and training opportunities.