The York County Arts Commission is encouraging individuals and organizations to apply for grants in the arts that will benefit citizens of York County.
Two types of grants — project and challenge — are available and have different criteria that need to be met.
Project grants may be applied for by individuals and organizations and are judged on a case-by-case basis for meeting the following criteria:
- Not-for-profit and exempt from federal income tax under provisions of the internal revenue code
- Produce, present, or support dance, literary arts, media arts, music, theater, museums, visual and/or related arts.
- Perform or offer activities and services in Williamsburg, James City County or York County that serve the citizens of York County.
- Performances, projects or services are accessible to handicapped individuals and the public at-large.
- Performances, projects or services not held in Williamsburg, James City County or York County, which are deemed by the Commission to directly benefit the citizens of York County.
Challenge grants up to $500 are being offered to promote citizen awareness of local and regional arts groups by showcasing their talents around York County.
The challenge grant provides funding support to eligible individuals and organizations to create and present their work, to develop new programs and to increase opportunities for visual and performance arts groups to promote interest in their organizations.
Grant applications will be accepted until March 4. Applications may be found online by clicking here.