Dominion Virginia Power and the James City County Board of Supervisors have agreed to postpone a public hearing on the rezoning of land for the Skiffes Creek Switching Station a second time, having already pushed it back once from October to November.
The hearing on the land use application will now take place during the Dec. 8 Board of Supervisors meeting.
Leanne Pollock, a senior planner for James City County, said Dominion requested the postponement Oct. 27 and the Board of Supervisors granted the request.
Dominion had also requested the first deferment, which postponed the hearing from Oct. 13 to Nov. 24. At that time, attorney Brennen Keene, who represents Dominion, suggested that deferment could help all parties “better understand how those pending approvals could affect local permitting by James City County for the proposed Station.”
In an email to WYDaily, Dominion spokeswoman Daisy Pridgen wrote Dominion decided to defer the hearing again to “allow James City County more time to review the application.”
During the hearing, residents will be able to offer comment about the rezoning of a parcel of land in Grove where the proposed switching station would be located. The switching station is part of Dominion’s preferred plan to power the Peninsula with a 500kV power line across the James River.
- Supporters, Opponents of Over-River Power Line Speak at Army Corps Hearing
- Army Corps Determines Surry, Chickahominy Best Power Line Options
- JCC, Dominion Agree to Postpone Switching Station Hearing
- Conservationists Take to the James to Oppose Over-River Power Line
- James River Power Line Hits Roadblock at JCC Planning Commission Meeting
- JCC to Officially Consider Power Line Plan for First Time
- Dominion Files with JCC to Build Switching Station for James River Power Line
- Supreme Court Denies Dominion’s Motion for Rehearing of James River Power Line Case
- Dominion, SCC Seek Supreme Court Rehearing of Power Line Decision
- Supreme Court Sends James River Power Line Decision Back to JCC
- Nonprofit Groups Form Coalition to Oppose Dominion’s Proposed Line Across James River
- Supreme Court of Virginia Hears Arguments Over James River Power Line
- Preservation, Government Groups to Gather to Share Concerns on Proposed Over-River Line
- Virginia Supreme Court Agrees to Hear JCC Appeal on Dominion’s Over-River Power Line
- JCC Authority Won’t Grant Easement for Over-River Power Line
- Dominion Begins Construction in Surry for Over-River Power Line Despite Missing Permits
- BASF Appeals to James City Authority for Help to Prevent Power Line Route
- State Commission Approves Dominion-Preferred Over-River Power Line
- Dominion Asks SCC to Decide on Over-River Power Line by March
- SCC Hearing Examiner Recommends Against Dominion-Preferred Power Line Route
- Dominion Seeks Extension to Keep Yorktown Station Running Longer
- Dominion May Need to Resubmit Army Crops Application for Over-River Power Line
- James River Association Joins JCC Appeal on Over-River Power Line
- JCC Supervisors Vote to Appeal SCC Ruling on Dominion Over-River Power Line
- SCC Reopens Over-River Power Line Case, Sets Hearing Date
- SCC Reopens Case on Dominion-Proposed Power Line Over James River