REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of Dec. 20, 2021) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
|Locality||Case Count||Hospitalization Count||Death Count|
|James City County||7,824||235||100|
|City of Williamsburg||1,283||30||13|
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||High|
|City of Williamsburg||High|
School System Data
|School System||Total Active Positive Cases||Total in Quarantine||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||35 (in isolation)||280||91%||41%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||35||Not reported||Not reported||Not reported|
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated||Third Vaccine|
|Statewide||6,510,589 (76.3%)||5,720,434 (67.0%)||1,796,907 (not reported)|
|James City County||59,590 (77.9%)||52,908 (69.1%)||22,812 (29.8%)|
|City of Williamsburg||8,612 (57.6%)||7,599 (50.8%)||2,569 (17.2%)|
|York County||51,720 (75.7%)||46,892 (68.7%)||14,195 (20.8%)|
**This data does not reflect doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of Dec. 20, 2021)
- W&M Professor Helps Medical Experts Study COVID-19 With GPUs
- First Virginia Confirmed Case of Omicron Variant Identified
- W&M Alumna Heads Johnson & Johnson Division that Introduced its COVID-19 Vaccine
- State Board: Schools, Students and Families Face Continuing Challenges From COVID-19 Pandemic
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.