REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of Dec. 13, 2021) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
|Locality||Case Count||Hospitalization Count||Death Count|
|James City County||7,630||266||99|
|City of Williamsburg||1,243||39||13|
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||High|
|City of Williamsburg||High|
School System Data
|School System||Total Active Positive Cases||Total in Quarantine||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||31 (in isolation)||160||91%||40.6%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||25||n/a||n/a||n/a|
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated||Third Vaccine|
|Statewide||6,441,133 (87.0%)||5,661,433 (77.3%)||1,580,248 (not reported)|
|James City County||59,116 (77.3%)||52,406 (68.5%)||20,718 (27.1%)|
|City of Williamsburg||8,550 (57.2%)||7,547 (50.5%)||2,319 (15.5%)|
|York County||51,272 (75.1%)||46,453 (68.0%)||12,748 (18.7%)|
**This data does not reflect doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of Dec. 13, 2021)
- First Virginia Confirmed Case of Omicron Variant Identified
- W&M Alumna Heads Johnson & Johnson Division that Introduced its COVID-19 Vaccine
- State Board: Schools, Students and Families Face Continuing Challenges From COVID-19 Pandemic
- Virginia Remains on Alert for New COVID-19 Variant
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.