REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of Dec. 6, 2021) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
|Locality||Case Count||Hospitalization Count||Death Count|
|James City County||7,540||264||98|
|City of Williamsburg||1,231||39||13|
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||High|
|City of Williamsburg||High|
School System Data
|School System||Total Active Positive Cases||Total in Quarantine||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||23 (in isolation)||88||91%||39.6%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||22||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported|
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated||Third Vaccine|
|Statewide||6,389,124 (74.9%)||5,603,369 (65.6%)||1,423,610 (not reported)|
|James City County||58,607 (76.6%)||51931 (67.9%)||18,894 (24.7%)|
|City of Williamsburg||8,491 (56.8%)||7,505 (50.2%)||2,087 (14.0%)|
|York County||50,939 (74.6%)||46,072 (67.5%)||11,592 (17.0%)|
**This data does not reflect doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of Dec. 6, 2021)
- W&M Alumna Heads Johnson & Johnson Division that Introduced its COVID-19 Vaccine
- State Board: Schools, Students and Families Face Continuing Challenges From COVID-19 Pandemic
- Virginia Remains on Alert for New COVID-19 Variant
- COVID-19 Eviction Prevention Program Leaves Positive Impact on Locals
- VDH Partners With Virginia Libraries to Provide COVID-19 Take Home Test Kits
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.