REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of Nov. 29, 2021) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
|Locality||Case Count||Hospitalization Count||Death Count|
|James City County||7,369||260||97|
|City of Williamsburg||1,207||39||13|
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||High|
|City of Williamsburg||Substantial|
School System Data
|School System||Total Active Positive Cases||Total in Quarantine||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||38 (in isolation)||156||91%||39.6%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||10||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported|
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated||Third Vaccine|
|Statewide||6,334,347 (74.2%)||5,524,860 (64.7%)||1,219,731 (not reported)|
|James City County||55,294 (72.3%)||48,979 (64.0%)||16,861 (22.0%)|
|City of Williamsburg||8,352 (55.9%)||7,382 (49.4%)||1,791 (12.0%)|
|York County||43,831 (64.2%)||38,651 (56.6%)||14,558 (14.6%)|
**This data does not reflect doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of Nov. 1, 2021)
- COVID-19 Eviction Prevention Program Leaves Positive Impact on Locals
- VDH Partners With Virginia Libraries to Provide COVID-19 Take Home Test Kits
- WJCC Continues to Provide COVID-19 Safety Measures For Students and Staff
- VDH Adds New Section to COVID-19 Dashboard for Children Ages 5-11
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.