REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of Nov. 22, 2021) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
|Locality||Case Count||Hospitalization Count||Death Count|
|James City County||7,259||259||95|
|City of Williamsburg||1,194||36||13|
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||High|
|City of Williamsburg||Substantial|
School System Data
|School System||Total Active Positive Cases||Total in Quarantine||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||45 (in isolation)||65||91%||39.6%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||11||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported|
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated||Third Vaccine|
|Statewide||6,266,275 (73.4%)||5,496,388 (64.4%)||1,076,029 (not reported)|
|James City County||54,928 (71.8%)||48,774 (63.7%)||20,340 (20.3%)|
|City of Williamsburg||8,271 (55.3%)||7,352 (49.2%)||1,577 (10.5%)|
|York County||43,372 (63.5%)||38,445 (56.3%)||12,805 (12.8%)|
**This data does not reflect doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of Nov. 1, 2021)
- VDH Partners With Virginia Libraries to Provide COVID-19 Take Home Test Kits
- WJCC Continues to Provide COVID-19 Safety Measures For Students and Staff
- VDH Adds New Section to COVID-19 Dashboard for Children Ages 5-11
- Children’s Hospital of Richmond to Host Virtual Town Hall on COVID-19 Vaccine for Kids
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.