REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of Nov. 15, 2021) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
|Locality||Case Count||Hospitalization Count||Death Count|
|James City County||7,173||257||94|
|City of Williamsburg||1,181||36||13|
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||Substantial|
|City of Williamsburg||Moderate|
School System Data
|School System||Total Positive Cases||Total in Quarantine||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||35 (in isolation)||168||91%||39.6%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||5||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported|
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated||Third Vaccine|
|Statewide||6,148,977 (72%)||5,439,586 (63.7%)||889,668 (not reported)|
|James City County||54,272 (70.9%)||48,484 (63.4%)||13,641 (17.8%)|
|City of Williamsburg||8,188 (54.8%)||7,305 (48.8%)||1,263 (8.4%)|
|York County||42,733 (62.6%)||38,167 (55.9%)||7,431 (10.9%)|
**This data does not reflect doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of Nov. 1, 2021)
- VDH Adds New Section to COVID-19 Dashboard for Children Ages 5-11
- Children’s Hospital of Richmond to Host Virtual Town Hall on COVID-19 Vaccine for Kids
- Virginia Department of Health Vaccine Clinic to Give COVID-19 Shots to Children
- Local Foundation Hands Out COVID-19 Relief Grants
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.