REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of Nov. 1, 2021) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
|Locality||Case Count||Hospitalization Count||Death Count|
|James City County||7,069||248||95|
|City of Williamsburg||1,172||43||14|
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||High|
|City of Williamsburg||High|
School System Data
|School System||Total Positive Cases||Total in Quarantine||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||32 (in isolation)||81||91%||38.4%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||13||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported|
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated||Third Vaccine|
|Statewide||5,980,744 (70.1%)||5,369,453 (62.9%)||575,403 (not reported)|
|James City County||53,068 (69.3%)||47,779 (62.4%)||8,404 (11%)|
|City of Williamsburg||8,057 (53.9%)||7,227 (48.3%)||814 (5.4%)|
|York County||41,649 (61%)||37,676 (55.2%)||4,979 (7.3%)|
**This data does not reflect doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of Nov. 1, 2021)
- York County School of the Arts Reworks Play Writing Competition During Pandemic
- Linda Matney Gallery’s Current Exhibition Focuses on Struggles of Emerging From a Pandemic
- Williamsburg Launches Phase 3 of Pandemic Relief Grants
- Peninsula COVID-19 Operation Center Recognized by State Association
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.