WILLIAMSBURG — Jamestown Settlement and the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown will offer special two-week admission for Homeschool Program Days Sept. 3-18.
The annual Homeschool Program Days offer an opportunity for homeschool students to discover the story of America’s beginnings through the extensive indoor gallery exhibits and outdoor living-history areas at both history museums administered by the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation, according to a press release.
A Homeschool Program Days ticket includes:
- Admission to Jamestown Settlement exhibition galleries, short films in immersive settings and outdoor living-history experiences in re-creations of Paspahegh Town, one of the three ships that sailed to Virginia in 1607 and an English fort.
- Admission to American Revolution Museum at Yorktown exhibition galleries, short films in immersive settings and outdoor living-history demonstrations in re-creations of a Continental Army encampment and Revolution-era farm.
- Access to education stations offering unique opportunities for families to interact with museum educators.
Homeschool Education Stations
Education stations at each museum will allow families to interact with educators as they explore a variety of historical topics and build skills for critical thinking, primary source analysis and an understanding of how historians use clues from the past to put together a historical narrative, according to the Jamestown-Yorktown Foundation.
- At Jamestown Settlement, education stations will help learners examine the convergence of Indigenous, English and West Central African cultures, ranging from technologies to economics. Stations will be available Sept. 7, 9, 12, 14 and 16 at 10 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m.
- At the American Revolution Museum at Yorktown, stations will examine the roles of Indigenous peoples in the American Revolution, lives of Black soldiers who fought in the Revolution, and how women participated in the war. Stations will be available Sept. 6, 8, 13 and 15 at 10 a.m.-noon and 1-3 p.m.
Tickets to Homeschool Program Days are $10 for students (Pre-K to Grade 12), $19 for adults and free for children ages 3 and younger, with unlimited admission to both museums Sept. 3-18. Tickets can be purchased online or in person at either museum.
For more information about Homeschool Program Days, contact Group Reservations at 757-253-4939 or toll-free at 888-868-7593.
When Homeschool Program Days are not in session, homeschool families can visit the museums with a special homeschool daily rate throughout the year.