WILLIAMSBURG — Heritage Humane Society (HHS) recently announced the appointment of its 2022-23 board of directors who began their two-year terms effective July 1.
- President: Heather Harmon, Henderson, Inc.
- Vice President: Dean Sculthorpe, Goodwill of Central & Coastal Virginia
- Treasurer: Carlyle Campbell, Virginia Credit Union
- Secretary: Sarah E. Melchior, Esq., William & Mary
- Member at Large: Edgar Torres, Titan Worx
- Auxiliary Liaison: John Morgan, Esq., Retired
- Katharine W. Durante, Esq., Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
- Tucker K. Edmonds, Chesapeake Bank
- Ashlee Jones, Local Daily Media
- Amy Kerr, Revel Concepts
- Dr. Andrew MacDougall, Riverbound Veterinary Clinic
- Martha W. McCartney, Self-Employed
- Courtney Thompson, Greater Williamsburg Chamber of Commerce
Board members can serve a maximum of three terms.
“I’ve been blessed to work with many wonderful people over the years who are truly committed to the mission of Heritage Humane Society.” President Heather Harmon said in a press release. “In my recent years serving HHS I have been humbled by the incredible members of our Board of Directors. As I step into another year of leadership with them, I am very excited and grateful to serve with them. Their talents, knowledge, dedication, and intense focus on our vision has me excited about another successful year.”
Heritage Humane Society serves as compassionate stewards of homeless pets that are in transition from stray/surrender to forever homes, according to the release. It serves to educate the public about humane animal care and treatment, advocate animal welfare, and provide affordable adoption services.
Learn more about Heritage Humane Society here.
Editor’s Note — Board member Ashlee Jones is an employee of Local Daily Media, the parent company of WYDaily.