REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of March 14, 2022) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
As of Thursday, March 10, 2022, the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) is no longer publishing data by locality. As a result, this section has been removed from WYDaily’s COVID-19 Tracker. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||Substantial|
|City of Williamsburg||Substantial|
School System Data
|Total Active Positive Cases||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (5-11) Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||2||91%||28.9%||63.1%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||0||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported|
**WJCC is no longer reporting on the number of cases in quarantine. YCSD has never made this data publicly accessible.
***To see each individual school’s data for YCSD, please click on the link for the division in this table.
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated||Third Vaccine|
|Statewide||6,966,311 (81.1%)||6,208,908 (72.3%)||2,847,103 (not reported)|
|James City County||64,457 (83.1%)||58,258 (75.1%)||33,962 (43.8%)|
|City of Williamsburg||9,284 (60.8%)||8,288 (54.3%)||3,818 (25.0%)|
|York County||54,357 (78.6%)||49,716 (71.8%)||21,526 (31.1%)|
**This data does not reflect doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of March 7, 2022)
- Virginia Department of Health Makes Changes to COVID-19 Dashboards To Streamline Data
- Local Health Districts to Hold Weekly COVID-19 Testing Clinics
- Thomas Nelson to Hold First In-Person Graduation Since 2019
- Hampton & Peninsula Health Districts to Close Vaccination Center
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.