Wednesday, March 29, 2023

JCC Police Offers House Checks for Residents on Vacation

(WYDaily/ Courtesy of James City County Police Department)
James City Police Department offers house checks for residents who are planning to be out of town. (WYDaily/ Courtesy of James City County Police Department)

JAMES CITY COUNTY — With spring break fast approaching and a lot of people making travel plans, the James City County Police Department (JCCPD) is encouraging county residents to sign up for house checks while they are gone.

This free service in which JCCPD will increase patrols around homes that are unoccupied. The extra patrols will help deter home invasions.

House checks must be set up in advance. To register go the JCCPD website and fill out a form. Or call (757) 259-5140 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. from Monday to Friday.

Related Articles