REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of Feb. 28, 2022) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
|Locality||Case Count||Hospitalization Count||Death Count|
|James City County||14,615||331||110|
|City of Williamsburg||1,690||71||18|
Since Monday, Feb. 21, James City County has seen 139 more cases of COVID-19, City of Williamsburg has seen 21, and York County has seen 69.
Since, February 21, James City County has had four deaths related to COVID-19, City of Williamsburg has had five COVID-19 deaths, and York County reports two COVID-19-related deaths since the aforementioned date.*these numbers are based on the numbers provided through VDH’s COVID-19 Dashboard as of Feb. 28, 2022.
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||High|
|City of Williamsburg||High|
School System Data
|Total Active Positive Cases||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (5-11) Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||21||91%||28.9%||63.1%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||16||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported|
**WJCC is no longer reporting on the number of cases in quarantine. YCSD has never made this data publicly accessible.
***To see each individual school’s data for YCSD, please click on the link for the division in this table.
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated||Third Vaccine|
|Statewide||6,944,573 (80.8%)||6,182,874 (72.0%)||2,807,079 (not reported)|
|James City County||64,298 (82.8%)||58,042 (74.8%)||33,577 (43.3%)|
|City of Williamsburg||9,252 (60.6%)||8,255 (54.1%)||3,780 (24.8%)|
|York County||54,229 (78.4%)||49,547 (71.6%)||21,270 (30.7%)|
**This data does not reflect doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of Feb. 28, 2022)
- Thomas Nelson to Hold First In-Person Graduation Since 2019
- Hampton & Peninsula Health Districts to Close Vaccination Center
- CDC Director Hints at Upcoming Updates to Mask Guidelines
- Gov. Youngkin Signs Bill Ending School Mask Mandates
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.