YORK COUNTY — The York County Youth Commission is looking for nominees for its annual Outstanding Youth Awards program.
Four high school students who live in York County will be awarded a $1,000 educational scholarship for college or trade school. The program is open to students in public, private and home schools.
Anyone can nominate a student who is enrolled in grades 9-12 by filling out the nomination form and mailing or delivering it to the York County Parks and Recreation Office, 5338 George Washington Memorial Hwy.
Students can be nominated in four different categories. They include, compassion, community service and overall achievement.
The 2021 recipients were:
- Overall Achievement Award: Chris Williams (Grafton High School)
- Compassion Award: Julie Stoner (Grafton High School)
- Community Service Award: Jasmine Barbour-Bassett (Williamsburg Classical Academy)
- Courage Award: Kalyn Lowe (York High School)
- Special Award, Engagement in Local Government: Jacob Rizzio (York High School)
All nominations must be turned in no later than 5 p.m. Feb. 18.