WILLIAMSBURG — The College of William & Mary (W&M) announced in an open letter to its campus community that several updates have been made due to the forecasted impact of two winter storms that will hit the Williamsburg area on Thursday and last into the weekend.
In preparation for the winter storms, W&M will close at noon on Thursday, Jan. 20, and reopen Monday, Jan. 24 under its normal operating schedule.
Other announcements included:
- W&M says the classes that are already underway in the Law School and the Mason School of Business will be conducted virtually on Thursday afternoon and Friday.
- The Virginia Institute of Marine Science (VIMS) will communicate directly to its community regarding the Gloucester campus schedule.
- Employees who can work remotely Thursday are encouraged to do so.
- Essential personnel should contact their supervisors for schedules during the closure.
- W&M undergraduate, residential move-in is postponed until Monday, Jan. 24, 2022.