REGIONAL — Included below is the current local data (as of Jan. 10, 2022) regarding COVID-19.
Data by Locality
|Locality||Case Count||Hospitalization Count||Death Count|
|James City County||9,558||301||100|
|City of Williamsburg||1,384||47||13|
Current Level of Transmission
|James City County||High|
|City of Williamsburg||High|
School System Data
|Total Active Positive Cases||Total in Quarantine||Employees Fully Vaccinated||Students (5-11) Fully Vaccinated||Students (12-17) Fully Vaccinated|
|Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools (WJCC)||363||363||91%||18%||42.4%|
|York County School Division (YCSD)||177||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported||Not Reported|
It is important to note that a person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two weeks after the second dose of Comirnaty (formerly Pfizer-BioNTech) or Moderna vaccines.
|Locality||Received One Dose||Fully Vaccinated||Third Vaccine|
|Statewide||6,650,280 (77.9%)||5,802,374 (68%)||2,178,889 (not reported)|
|James City County||60,814 (79.5%)||53,731 (70.2%)||26,467 (34.6%)|
|City of Williamsburg||8,760 (58.6%)||7,688 (51.4%)||2,954 (19.8%)|
|York County||52,633 (77.1%)||47,535 (69.6%)||17,100 (25.0%)|
**This data does not reflect doses given out federally
Recent Information from WYDaily Regarding COVID-19 (As of Jan. 10, 2022)
- Gov. Northam Declares State of Emergency As COVID-19 Hospitalizations Surge
- York County Library and VDH to Distribute COVID-19 Test Kits
- William & Mary Tribe Men’s Basketball Game on Tuesday Has Been Postponed
- Local COVID-19 Community Testing Center to Open Monday
- Gloucester Library Partners with VDH to Distribute COVID-19 Test Kits
- York County School Division Encourages Flexibility in Wake of COVID-19 Variant Spike
- CHKD Records Increase in Demand for COVID-19 Testing, Not at Capacity
- Increase in Omicron Variant Causes Local Schools to Maintain COVID-19 Protocols
- To learn more or to schedule an appointment to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, contact your healthcare provider or visit the website for Vaccinate Virginia.
- For more information regarding current vaccinations for COVID-19, visit the website for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- To find the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To see the current COVID-19 map courtesy of Johns Hopkins University & Medicine, click here.