This coming weekend is chock-full of events.
Valentine’s Day is on Sunday, quickly followed by Presidents Day on Monday. After you’re done spoiling your loved ones, keep up to date on local closures for Monday.
The following facilities are closed on Monday, Feb. 15 unless otherwise noted.
Here’s what is open and what is closed in the Historic Triangle.
James City County
- County offices
- Chickahominy Riverfront Park
- James City County Marina stores/offices
- Libraries: Closed temporarily because of rising COVID-19 cases
The following facilities are open during normal hours:
- Convenience Centers
- Garbage Transfer Station
- Curbside recycling
- All county parks
- James City County Recreation Center
- Abram Frink Jr. Community Center
The City of Williamsburg offices will be closed on Monday in observance of Presidents Day. Normal services will be available on Tuesday, Feb. 16.
Waller Mill Park will follow normal operating hours from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday. Quarterpath Recreation Center has been closed since March due to COVID-19.
Garbage will be collected on Monday and Tuesday as scheduled. For water emergencies after hours, weekends, and holidays, please call 757-220-2331. More information can be found here.
Need to pay a city bill when offices are closed? A convenient 24-hour bill payment drop box is located at the front of the Municipal Building, 401 Lafayette St. for city transactions. Payments can also be made online. Drop box payments made on Monday, Feb. 15 will not be posted until Tuesday, Feb. 16.
York County government offices, York-Poquoson Social Services, county libraries, courts and the Virginia Cooperative Extension office will be closed on Monday in observance of Presidents Day.
All Waste Management Center administrative offices are closed on Monday too.
Garbage and recycling collections will not be affected by the holiday. For more information on the garbage and recycling collection schedule, call Waste Management at 757-890-3780.
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT THESE STORIES:
- Don’t post your COVID-19 vaccine card on social media, Better Business Bureau reports
- CVS Health to begin COVID-19 vaccinations on Friday
- What’s cooking? Shorty’s Diner is opening a second location in Richmond
- New exhibit on ‘Virginia Indian tribal communities’ opens at Jamestown Settlement