Drivers on Interstate 64 should expect a series of nightly lane closures — and possibly some delays — through the week.
As a result of VDOT’s I-64 widening project certain ramps and lanes will experience closures from Feb. 17-23.
Traffic shifts are scheduled to begin overnight starting Feb. 21 on I-64 west, starting from the western project limits (near Exit 242) and working towards the eastern project limits (near Exit 247) over the next two weeks. Traffic will be shifted to the right and center travel lanes.
- Berkley Bridge (I-264)
- Single-lane closures east, Feb. 18-19 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel (I-664)
- Single-lane closure south: Feb. 18-21 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Single-lane closures south: Feb. 22 from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Single-lane closures south: Feb. 23 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Single-lane closures north, Feb. 19-21 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- High Rise Bridge (I-64)
- Single-lane closures both directions between South Military Highway and Battlefield Boulevard, Feb. 18-21 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. and Feb. 22 from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
*Signed detours in place, February 17-21 and ramps are closed as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. unless otherwise noted*
- I-64 east and west to Route 60/Busch Gardens (Exit 243A)
- I-64 east and west to Route 143 (Exit 243B)
- Route 60 on-ramp to I-64 east and west
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 west (Exit 242A)
- I-64 east and west to Route 199 east (Exit 242B)
- Route 199 east and west on-ramps to I-64 east and west
- I-64 east and west to Yorktown Road/Jefferson Avenue (Exit 247)
- Jefferson Avenue (Route 143) on-ramps to I-64 east and west
- Yorktown Road (Route 238) on-ramp to I-64 east from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Route 143 Merrimac Trail north to I-64 west continues from last week.
- I-264: Witchduck Road on-ramp to I-264 east from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-64 overpasses
- Lakeshead Drive, Feb. 15, and 18-20 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Colonial Parkway, Feb. 18-22 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- I-64 Express Lanes
- Feb. 21 from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Feb. 23 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Single-lane closures on I-64 east and west from Route 199 Lightfoot (Exit 234) to Route 199/Humelsine Parkway Exit 242), February 17-21 from 7 p.m. until 5 a.m.
- Alternating single-lane closures on I-64 from Colonial Parkway to Lee Hall (Exit 247) Feb. 17-22
- Eastbound: 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Westbound: 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- I-95: Alternating lane closures north and south, from Skipper’s Road to U.S. 58, Feb. 18-21 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For information on the many other lane closures necessary for maintenance and construction throughout Hampton Roads, visit 511Virginia.org, download the 511VA smartphone app, or dial 511.