Note 3 p.m. Wednesday: Some schools, offices and organizations are reopening after the forecast for Hurricane Florence showed the storm may not severely impact Hampton Roads. This list will be updated as openings are announced.
As Hurricane Florence heads toward the East Coast, businesses and government offices in the area are closing in preparation.
WYDaily will be updating this list with current closures and openings.
- York County Public Schools and school offices — CLOSED until further notice
- Williamsburg James City-County Schools — REOPENING THURSDAY SEPT. 12
- Walsingham Academy — CLOSED Thursday and Friday.
- Parks — CLOSED
- Piers at Riverwalk Landing — CLOSED Wednesday
- Yorktown Beach Picnic Area Parking Lot-CLOSED
- York County General District Court and Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Court- CLOSED
- York Library- OPEN
- Government offices — OPEN
- Parks and Recreation — OPEN
- Emergency Operations Center — REOPENING THURSDAY
- Chickahominy Riverfront Park fishing pier — CLOSED
- Jolly Pond Road at Dam- CLOSED
- City meetings — As scheduled
- City facilities — OPEN
- City parks — OPEN
- Colonial Williamsburg — OPEN
- Planning Commission Public Forum on Housing (Comprehensive Plan Work Session) on Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. — CANCELED, rescheduled for Sept. 26 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Stryker Center.
- Williamsburg Regional Library — OPEN
Universities and Colleges:
- William & Mary — CLOSED 5 p.m. Wednesday, evacuating
- Old Dominion University — CLOSED, evacuating
- Thomas Nelson Community College — CLOSED
- Norfolk State University — CLOSED 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, evacuating
- Virginia Commonwealth University— CLOSED Thursday
- Jamestown-Scotland Ferry — OPEN
- WATA — All routes will end at 9 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Surry route and frequency serviced closed Thursday and Friday. Route 8 closed at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, will reopen 6 a.m. Monday.
- Amtrak — CLOSED Wednesday
- Tolls will be lifted on the Hampton Roads Expressway
- Physician office appointments, diagnostic tests or other out-patient services at Sentara Healthcare locations may be canceled and rescheduled for a date after the storm. The full list of Sentara closings and elective procedure cancellations may be found on www.sentara.com/weather. Some patients may also be discharged from hospitals if possible to keep families together and allow travel to safer locations.
- Mark Roger concert at Kimball Theater — CANCELED, originally scheduled for Friday
- James City County Neighborhood Forum — CANCELED, originally scheduled for Wednesday
- Chesapeake Bay and Wetlands — Sept. 12 meeting postponed until Oct. 10 meeting
- Riverwalk Landing concerts — CANCELED, originally scheduled for Friday
- James City County Economic Development Authority meeting — CANCELED, originally scheduled for Thursday
- Science Standards of Learning public hearing — CANCELED, originally scheduled for Thursday
- Teacher of the Year announcement — POSTPONED, originally scheduled for Friday
- Window for public comment on Science Standards of Learning — EXTENDED to Sept. 19
- Summer Breeze Concert Series — CANCELED, originally scheduled for Wednesday
- William & Mary football vs. Elon — POSTPONED, full list of William & Mary sporting events can be found online.
- Constitution Day Event: Free Military band concert on the Art Museum Lawn scheduled for Saturday — CANCELED
- Gordon Wood – Friends Divided: A Revolutionary in Residence Conversation at the Hennage Auditorium scheduled for Saturday — CANCELED
- The first concert of the Ewell Concert Series Sept. 14 — CANCELED
- Virginia Smart Farming Conference- POSTPONED
- Friday Night Live with Tom Euler Trio-CANCELED
- Fall Craft Fair by VBC-CANCELED
- International Coastal Cleanup- RESCHEDULED for Sept. 22
- Rhythms on the Riverwalk- CANCELED
- Yorktown Market Days- CANCELED
- The Piedmont Singers of Central Virginia concert- POSTPONED
This list will be updated as WYDaily receives more information.