HAMPTON ROADS — VDOT’s list of full closures of interstates, ramps, bridges and primary roads, and single-lane closures at the bridge-tunnels and the Coleman, High Rise and James River bridges for the week of Nov. 12-18.
Scheduled closures are subject to change based on weather conditions and other factors.
Bridges and Tunnels
Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel, I-64:
- Mobile, single-lane closures eastbound Nov. 16 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Monitor-Merrimac Memorial Bridge-Tunnel, I-664:
- Single-lane closures southbound Nov. 12-13 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.
High Rise Bridge, I-64:
- Brief, intermittent stoppages eastbound Nov. 16-17 from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Berkley Bridge, I-264:
- Double-lane closures westbound Nov. 12-14 and Nov. 17 from as early as 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
James River Bridge, Route 17:
- Single-lane closures, including brief, intermittent stoppages in both directions:
- Nov. 13-17 from 9 a.m. to as late as 3 p.m.
- Nov. 13-16 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating, mobile, single-lane closures in both directions Nov. 15-16 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
George P. Coleman Bridge, Route 17:
- Alternating, mobile, single-lane closures in both directions Nov. 14 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., including a brief, intermittent stoppage in both directions Nov. 14-15 at 10 a.m.
HRBT Expansion Project:
- For lane closures and project updates related to the HRBT Expansion Project, visit HRBTExpansion.org.
Elizabeth River Tunnels (Downtown/Midtown Tunnels):
- Go to Elizabeth River Tunnels for maintenance schedules on the Downtown Tunnel (I-264), Midtown Tunnel (U.S. 58) and MLK Expressway (Route 164).
Southside Widening, High Rise Bridge Expansion:
- For additional information about lane closures and other project impacts, visit http://64highrise.org/news_
Hampton Roads Express Lanes:
- For additional information about Hampton Roads Express Lanes closures and traffic impacts, visit https://64expresslanes.org/
- Long-term, continuous single-lane closure on I-64 in both directions, reducing travel lanes from three to two lanes between Settlers Landing Road/Woodland Road (exit 267) and LaSalle Avenue (exit 265), with I-64 west traffic shifted to the I-64 east lanes. View the full traffic alert here.
Norfolk, Reversible Roadway
- Full closure in both directions Nov. 14-17 from 8 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Full closure of the off-ramp from I-564 east to Granby Street Nov. 13-16 from 7 p.m. to 5:30 a.m.
Other Notable Closures
Route 58, Southampton County:
- Full closure of the off-ramp from Route 58 (Southampton Parkway) west to Route 258/Route 258 Business (Franklin/Murfreesboro) Nov. 15-16 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.