WILLIAMSBURG — William & Mary Athletics announced on its website Monday it was implementing a clear bag policy at its athletics facilities for the 2023-24 year, including Busch Field, Kaplan Arena, Martin Family Stadium, Plumeri Park, and Zable Stadium.
The move was made in conjunction with the William & Mary Police Department, according to the announcement, and regulates the size and type of bag that may be carried into the facilities. The athletics department noted the policy is consistent with those in many CAA and non-conference venues.
Football season ticket holders will be provided with one clear bag per account, and a limited number of bags will be available for sale as the 2023-24 season begins, William & Mary Athletics said. The William & Mary Spirit Shop has approved bags available for purchase online, as well.
- Clear tote bags made of plastic, vinyl or PVC that do not exceed 12 inches x 6 inches x 12 inches
- One-gallon clear plastic zip-style bags
- Small purses or clutch bags that do not exceed 6.5 inches x 4.5 inches
- Medical or diaper bags — diaper bags must be accompanied by a child
- Printed or tinted plastic bags
- Cinch or drawstring bags
- Fanny packs
- Camera or binocular cases
- Large purses or bags
A full list of prohibited items can be found at tribeathletics.com.