The Taste Tradition – events for all taste this Labor Day Weekend!
From Sept. 4-6, Colonial Williamsburg’s third annual Taste Tradition weekend presents fine food, vintage wines, craft beers and spirits, farm-raised meats, seafood from local waters and herbs and vegetables straight from the gardens in the Historic Area. With more than a dozen special events from which to select, there is something to please everyone.
A selection of à la carte events follows:
- Bushels and Barrels – a Revolutionary City celebration of beer and wine, outstanding food, live music and a visit from a past president. Friday, Sept. 4, 6:30–8:30 p.m. Market Square. $135.
- The Tasting Room – top winemakers, brewers and distillers introduce their products in a lively setting, and there will be a few tasty bites to sample, too. Saturday, Sept. 5, 1-1:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 6, 11:30 a.m.–2 p.m.Williamsburg Lodge. $50.
- Sip, Smoke and Savor – a Southern tradition is the capping off of a great meal with a good cigar and fine bourbon. Friday, Sept. 4, 9:30–11 p.m. Williamsburg Inn. $55.
- Speakeasy Lounge – Bar? What bar? A password is required to enter this secret lounge. Music, prohibition drinks and lively discussion await the intrepid. Saturday, Sept. 5, 5-9 p.m. $38.
- What’s Shakin’ with Bacon Breakfast – this culinary tribute to a favorite cured meat includes some surprises such as a bacon bloody Mary. Sunday, Sept. 6, 9:30-11:30 a.m. Williamsburg Lodge. $65.