Join the team that is changing radio and online newspapers in every market we enter. Local Voice is a unique business model in which online newspapers are powered by Hometown radio stations.
The dominant voice in the future of local markets is not the local newspaper, the local radio station or the local television station; it will be the local media company, delivering local content across a number of platforms. In the Hampton Roads Market it is Local Voice.
Following is a list of jobs available at Local Voice:
Seeking Reporter for Municipal Beat
This post is for a municipal reporter to cover York County and the York County School Division.
At Williamsburg Yorktown Daily, reporters write news stories affecting the Historic Triangle of Williamsburg, James City County and York County. Our reporters are 21st-century multimedia reporters, posting their stories and photos to the web, promoting them through radio appearances and interacting with readers through social media. Reporters must be flexible, able to collaborate and able to multitask. Reporters must also have strong writing skills, ability to self-edit and familiarity with AP Style. Some night and weekend reporting is necessary, and WYDaily values community involvement.
Everyone at Williamsburg Yorktown Daily abides by the same goal: to be the most immediate, reliable, relevant, accurate and local publication. Reporters must work to establish their beats, as well as be the face and voice of WYDaily.com. It is critical reporters know the “players” on their beats.
- Curious and interested in how things connect and what makes people tick.
- Community-minded; live in or near coverage area.
- Professional, but personable; able to cultivate and maintain contacts.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule that changes from day to day.
- Previous newsroom experience and a familiarity with municipal budgets and procedures.
- Strong organization skills with the proven ability to multitask, prioritize and work on deadline.
- Interest in exploring how all news is local.
Williamsburg Yorktown Daily operates as part of Local Voice LLC with offices in Williamsburg, VA. Our company has a unique and well-defined approach to business. We are looking for staff members with a willingness to learn “our way.”
If interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following: a brief note of introduction along with a resume and up to three recent samples of stories you have written that best represent your abilities as a reporter. Please clarify if you’re applying for the crime or municipal beat in your application.
Client Services Director
Are you a high energy and fanatically detail oriented customer service guru with a passion for the local community? If so, you may be the perfect candidate for the Director of Client Services management position at Local Voice Media.
The Director of Client Services is a crucial part of our team who oversees and assists our highly talented group of sales reps and production department as well an advocate for our clients to ensure the company is exceeding expectations. The Client Services Director is the watchdog for the company’s systems and processes, ensuring the team is following through on projects and achieving desired results in a timely and efficient manner.
- General oversight of the Inner Circle Sales and Client Services Management Systems
- Order processing and contract fulfillment including but not limited to proposals, order processing, confirmations and follow up
- Coordination of Hometown Interviews with local business owners
- Event coordination including but not limited to station concerts, live events, and Strictly Business networking events
- Other duties as assigned
The perfect candidate possesses the following:
- Proven natural leadership with the ability to oversee many departments and lead a team to a common goal
- Customer Service/Inside Sales experience preferred
- Previous management experience preferred
- Intense attention to detail, accountability and solutions based productivity
- Understanding of the correlation of sales growth and outstanding customer service
- A desire to meet local business owners in our community
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with limited supervision and be able to shift gears quickly
- Proficient in Google and Microsoft Applications
If interested, please send an email to email@example.com with a brief note of introduction along with a resume.
Local Voice seeks a contract based graphic designer to supplement our in-house graphic design team. Local Voice provides advertising graphic design services for local businesses advertising on its channels (FM radio and online-only newspapers). The jobs will primarily be, but are not limited to, banner ad design and creation for advertising rotation on our digital newspapers.
- Final ads and raw files are required within 48 hours of job assignment and may sometimes require 24 hour turnaround
- Maximum of 2 revisions per job assignment
- Pay is $15 per job
If interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following: a resume and portfolio.
Williamsburg Yorktown Daily operates as part of Davis Media LLC with offices in Williamsburg, VA. WYDaily is seeking individuals with a strong knowledge of sports, capable of producing game recaps through the use of quotes and statistics in a timely fashion, although without strict deadline.
Please email our sports department at email@example.com, for further information and/or questions.
EEO Policy Statement
Local Voice Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.