Fire damages Windsor Forest home

WYDaily.com is your source for free news and information in Williamsburg, James City & York Counties.

Fire damaged a James City County home Sunday night. (Courtesy of James City County)
Fire damaged a James City County home Sunday night. (Courtesy of James City County)

Fire damaged a home in the Windsor Forest subdivision Sunday evening but no one was injured, according to a release from James City County.

Fire crews responded just after 8:30 p.m., after neighbors reported a heavy fire in the back of a home on Buford Road. The fire was caused by a grill being left on and unattended.

Damage from the fire was limited mainly to the deck area and the home’s exterior. There was also some smoke damage to the home.

The home’s resident was not home at the time of the fire, the release said.