WYDaily.com is your source for free news and information in Williamsburg, James City & York Counties.
Drivers beware, several hundred triathletes will be participating in three events this weekend, which will affect roadways in James City County during the morning hours on Saturday and Sunday.
According to a county news release, The Patriot’s Half, Patriot’s International and Patriot’s Sprint will temporarily close portions of roads during the weekend. Police will be directing traffic during the race to aid in preventing delays, but bicyclists will be traveling on the roadways throughout the day, so the JCCPD advises drivers to use caution.
From 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, motorists will encounter delays due to the Patriot’s Half and Patriot’s International on:
- Jamestown Road near the Jamestown-Scotland Ferry
- Greensprings Road (detour)
- 4H Club Road
- John Tyler Highway, including the intersection of John Tyler Highway and Greensprings Road
- Intersection of Monticello Avenue and John Tyler Highway
From 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Sunday, drivers will be delayed due to the Patriot’s Sprint on:
- John Tyler Highway and Greensprings Road
- John Tyler Highway and Monticello Avenue
According to the release, the 2016 Patriot’s Half, Patriot’s International and Patriot’s Sprint are USA Triathlon sanctioned events and benefit the Special Operations Warrior Foundation and the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
For course maps and additional information, visit the website for the Virginia-Maryland Triathlon Series.