WYDaily.com is your source for free news and information in Williamsburg, James City & York Counties.
The Virginia Symphony Orchestra, under the direction of Benjamin Rous, will return to Yorktown on Saturday, Sept. 3 for a concert at Riverwalk Landing. Its 20th annual outdoor concert will begin at 7:30 p.m.
According to a York County news release, visitors are encouraged to arrive early with lawn chairs and picnic baskets. The award-winning Fifes and Drums of York Town will open for the orchestra, taking the stage at 6 p.m.
The county offered the following tips for concertgoers:
- Plan to arrive early because parking is expected to fill up in Yorktown and traffic can be heavy.
- Event parking will be available at the York County Courts and Office Complex, Administration and York Hall buildings on Ballard Street, and the Riverwalk Landing Parking Terrace on Water Street.
- Handicap parking is available on the lower level of the parking terrace.
- The Yorktown Trolley service will end at 5:30 p.m. and will not be in service during or after the concert.
- Bring lawn chairs and blankets for seating.
No rain date is scheduled for the concert. In the event of inclement weather, call the event weather hotline at (757) 890-3520. For additional information visit www.visityorktown.org or call (757) 890-4490.