WYDaily.com is your source for free news and information in Williamsburg, James City & York Counties.
Bridgewater College sophomore and Jamestown alumna Christina Herbert made program history last week, becoming the first Bridgewater women’s golfer to earn Old Dominion Athletic Conference Player of the Year.
Entering the weekend, Herbert ranked second in the nation in scoring average and carried an ODAC best 75.2.
Other Historic Triangle athletes had standout performances in baseball and softball.
Each week throughout the school year, WYDaily will keep you up to date on what Historic Triangle athletes and coaches have been up to since high school graduation.
Know of a college or pro athlete from the Historic Triangle who deserves recognition? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- Boston College freshman Sean Hughes (Jamestown) allowed no hits during 2/3 innings of work in an April 29 loss to Virginia Tech.
- George Mason University sophomore Trevor Kelly (York) went 3-for-5 with 2 RBIs during an April 27 loss to Navy.
- Longwood University junior Brandon Harvell (York) went 2-for-3 with 2 RBIs during an April 26 win against Norfolk State University.
- Bryant University freshman Colby Norris (Warhill) earned her second win of the season during an April 27 game against the University of Massachusetts-Lowell. Norris threw a complete game, allowing five hits and one earned run.
- Elon University sophomore Hannah Olson (Grafton) went 2-for-3 with an RBI and a run scored during an April 27 loss to Virginia Tech. Olson also went 1-for-4 with 2 RBIs during an April 30 win against James Madison University.
- Lynchburg College junior Kayla St. John (Tabb) went 2-for-5 with an RBI during April 30 win against Guilford. She also went 2-for-4 with a run scored during an April 30 loss to Eastern Mennonite.
In-season athletes followed in this feature:
Baseball: Travis Arthur, William Peace University (Tabb ’14); Warren Atkins, Bridgewater College (Lafayette ’14); Thomas Chisam, California University of Pennsylvania (Walsingham Academy ’15); Ricks Dearing, Barton College (Grafton ’15); Lane Deaver, Ferrum (Grafton ’13); Adam Emerson, Christopher Newport University (Lafayette ’12); Tyler Floyd, Virginia Wesleyan (Bruton ’15); Eric Harp, Longwood University (York ’15); Brandon Harvell, Longwood University (York ’13); Tyler Klinedinst, William Peace University (Warhill ’13); Evan Sperling, University of Virginia (Grafton ’15); Sean Hughes, Boston College (Jamestown ’15); Matt Keane, William & Mary (Jamestown ’15); Trevor Kelly, George Mason University (York ’14); Ryan Mason, Bridgewater College (Jamestown ’15); Blake Ream, Christopher Newport University (Grafton ’12); Jordan Sprouse, Virginia Wesleyan (Grafton ’15); Tommy Vitaletti, Christopher Newport University (Jamestown ’12); Corey Williams, Christopher Newport University (Jamestown ’15), Brian Willis, William Peace University (York ’13)
Golf: Christina Herbert, Bridgewater College (Jamestown ’14); Marin Warring, Bridgewater College (Lafayette ’12)
Softball: Lia Batchelor, Christopher Newport University (York ’14); Hannah Cook, Christopher Newport University (Grafton ’12); Christa Hall, Campbell University (Grafton ’15); Hannah Hautz, Mary Washington (York ’14); Tara Heatwole, Christopher Newport University (Jamestown ’13); DaSha Hill, Louisburg College (Bruton ’15); Colby Norris, Bryant University (Warhill ’15); Hannah Olson, Elon University (Grafton ’14); Kerstin Roth, Roanoke College (Grafton ’15); Kayla St. John, Lynchburg College (Tabb ’13); Patti Vinson, Randolph College (Lafayette ’12); Hannah Winfree, Randolph College (York ’13); Morgan Wooddell, Christopher Newport Univeristy (Tabb ’14); Nadina Wright, Eastern Mennonite (Warhill ’14)
Outdoor Track and Field: Lisette Brondyke, Christopher Newport University (Walsingham ’15); Carley Shannon, Ball State University (Bruton ’14); Christopher Short, Virginia Tech (Warhill ’15); Kathryn Tomczak, Air Force (Lafayette ’15)