WYDaily.com is your source for free news and information in Williamsburg, James City & York Counties.
Each member of the James City County Board of Supervisors will host a public meeting to talk about County Administrator Bryan Hill’s proposed biennial budget, with the first set for Thursday in the Powhatan District.
The public meeting is an opportunity for residents to offer feedback on the fiscal 2017 and 2018 budgets, which were released to the public April 1.
Each district’s representative on the board will attend his or her district’s meeting.
Each meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m.
- April 7 – Powhatan District – Lois S. Hornsby Middle School, 850 Jolly Pond Road
- April 11 – Roberts District – Government Center Board Room, 101 Mounts Bay Road, Building F
- April 13 – Jamestown District – Legacy Hall, 4301 New Town Avenue
- April 19 – Berkeley District – Jamestown High School Auditorium, 3751 John Tyler Highway
- April 21 – Stonehouse District – James City County Library, 7770 Croaker Road
The Roberts District meeting was originally scheduled for tonight, but will now take place April 11.
In addition to these meetings, residents can share their thoughts during a public hearing on the budget, which will be held during the April 26 Board of Supervisors meeting.
The board will vote on the proposed Fiscal 2017 budget, the Fiscal 2018 budget and the JCSA budget during the May 10 regular meeting.
For more information, visit www.jamescitycountyva.gov/budget.