The Williamsburg-James City County Community Action Agency is hosting its 13th annual Community of Stars fundraising banquet, and interested parties have until Friday to purchase their tickets to the gala.
The Community Action Agency, which is celebrating its 48th year, offers a number of services aimed at addressing the causes of poverty in the area. The organization runs several youth development programs such as Head Start and Project Discovery, and also offers emergency services to families in need.
This year’s banquet is slated for Friday, April 29 at Colonial Heritage. In addition to a silent auction, raffle and cash bar, the event will also include the honoring of several individuals, business and organizations that have supported CAA by giving their time or resources.
Tickets are on sale through April 1 and are $55 for an individual, $100 for two people or $500 for a table of 10. To purchase tickets, contact Yvonne at 757-229-9332.
Honorees at the banquet will include:
- Outstanding Business: Farm Fresh
- Outstanding Faith-Based Organization: Peninsula Baptist Deacon Union
- Outstanding Contributor/Supporter: Historic Triangle Republican Women
- Outstanding Larry Murphy Agency Advocate: John Levy
- Outstanding Volunteers: Roy Joseph and Warren Raines
- Outstanding Action Stars: Turron Jones and Viodelka Louis