WYDaily.com is your source for free news and information in Williamsburg, James City & York Counties.
Three Sentara doctors, several business owners and other involved members of the community are among the latest crop of local stars who will be competing in the latest installment of Dancing with the Williamsburg Stars.
In its seventh year, the event couples active community members with professional dancers who will train to compete in front of a live audience and a panel of judges next spring.
The TowneBank-sponsored event will benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Virginia Peninsula and Literacy for Life.
“2016 may be the most fun, yet! We can’t wait to mix together these business folks, doctors and scholars and see how fan favorite votes are cast,” said Ken Johnston, event chairman. “Our community can’t get enough of the DWTWS program and continues to embrace it each year. We have raised hundreds of thousands for charity, it’s incredible to see the difference we can make.”
Professional dancers are from Williamsburg-area studios 7 Cities Ballroom, SI Dance, VA Regional Ballet and WISC, Yorktown studios Country Bootleggers and ArtInspired and Virginia Beach-based A Step Above.
The performance begins at 7:30 p.m. March 5 at the College of William & Mary’s Phi Beta Kappa Hall.
The 2016 stars are:
- Greg Biernacki, MD, Sentara Family Medicine Physicians
- Greg Carter, Carter Iron & Steel
- Elizabeth Foxx, MD, Sentara Williamsburg Medical Center
- Dave Gaston, Ph.D., Charles City County Schools
- Carrie Hanley, CareFusion
- Linda Hertzler, Hertzler & George
- Dawn Holihan, TowneBank
- Kimberly Renner, William & Mary
- Chris Scrofani, WISC
- Joe Steele Jr., Carolina Furniture
- Carol Taylor, community volunteer
- Terryl Times, MD, Sentara Surgery Specialists
Tickets will go on sale in January, when they can be purchased at the Phi Beta Kappa box office, by phone at 757-221-2674 or online at www.wm.tix.com.