WYDaily.com is your source for free news and information in Williamsburg, James City & York Counties.
Jamestown and Lafayette just missed the cut to make the Group 4A state tournament during the Group 4A East tournament at Aero Pines Golf Course in Virginia Beach on Wednesday.
Great Bridge and Monacan advanced to the state tournament as teams with 311 and 318 scores, respectively. Jamestown finished in third place with a 324, while Lafayette was fourth with a 326.
Jamestown was led by Triston Buckley with a 77 and Preston Ruescher with a 78. Matthew Shield shot an 82, while CJ Montero logged an 88.
For Lafayette, Tawni Hatcher and Preston Ruescher each shot a 79 on the par-72 Tom Cat Course. Jacob Smethurst carded an 81, while Logan Smith rounded out the scorers with an 87.
Despite not making the state tournament as teams, both Jamestown and Lafayette will send two representatives to states.
Buckley and Bell will play as individuals for Jamestown, while Hatcher and Ruescher will attend from Lafayette. Smethurst missed the cut for the state tournament by two strokes.
The Group 4A state tournament will be held at Glenrochie Country Club in Abingdon Oct. 12 and 13.
Below are the individual and team results from the match:
E.J. Whiten, Great Bridge, 72
1. Great Bridge 311: Everett Whiten 72, Carter Old 77, Kendall Turner 78, Zach Gower 84
2. Monacan 318: Addie Parker 76, Billy Troiano 76, Alex Woo 83, Taylor Ferguson 83
3. Jamestown 324: Triston Buckley 77, William Bell 78, Matthew Shield 82, CJ Montero 88
4. Lafayette 326: Tawni Hatcher 79, Preston Ruescher 79, Jacob Smethurst 81, Logan Smith 87
5. Midlothian 333: Kyle Clarke 79, Ben Clarke 84, Henry Davis 85, Peyton Neff 85
6. Louisa 351: Ryan Fleshman 80, Christian Wenger 89, Chase Moore 89, Owen Barrett 93
7. Eastern View 354: Coleby Roman 82, Cameron Oxendine 88, Owen Galloway 90, James Jorgensen 94
8. Churchland 376: Owen O’Shaughnessy 93, Matt Keene 94, Matt Jefferies 94, Ryan Parker Fly 95