WYDaily.com is your source for free news and information in Williamsburg, James City & York Counties.
Bruton’s Sam Carr, a junior, qualified for the Group 2A state tournament Tuesday by shooting an 82 at Kiskiack Golf Club.
Carr’s score of 82 made him the last player to qualify for the state tournament during Tuesday’s Group 2A East tournament.
As a team, Bruton finished in seventh place with a combined score of 358. Robert E. Lee and East Rockingham advanced to the state tournament with scores of 314 and 326, respectively.
Zack Calloway shot an 86 and finished tied for 31st, while Caleb Filicko shot a 91 and tied for 44th place. Jacob Cook was the last Bruton scorer, carding a 99 and finishing tied for 52nd.
A pair of Bruton players finished tied for 61st and did not register points for the team. Dylan Jenkins and Wyatt Louke each shot 104 on the day.
Carr will advance to the 2A state tournament that will be held Oct. 12 and 13 at Golden Eagle Golf Club in Irvington.
Thomas Otteni, Robert E. Lee, 314
1. Robert E. Lee 314: Thomas Otteni 75, Banner Robson 78, Jordan Plogger 79, Gunner Cook 82
2. East Rockingham 326: Jacob Laughliin 76, Alex Czerwinski 81, Jake Czerwinski 84, Harrison Smith 85
3. Maggie Walker 335: Michael Patina 81, Thomas Snead 82, Lisa Qin 84, Rachel Zhao 88
4. Central-Woodstock 340: Joseph Plauger 77, Luke Estep 85, Coy Jiminez 88, Corey Sibert 90
5. Clarke County 344: Brendan Ciaburri 84, Edward O’Leary 84, Cameron Scheib 85, Raul Viza-Fernandez 91
6. Greensville County 356: Cassie Robinson 77, Austin Ligon 85, Walker Richard 94, Josh Rooke 100
7. Bruton 358: Sam Carr 82, Zack Calloway 86, Caleb Filicko 91, Jacob Cook 99
8. Goochland 366: Peyton Butts 84, Davis Paona 88, Justin Falconer 95, JM Donaldson 99